1. It is the policy of the school to provide efficient, up-to-date, enjoyable and safe instruction in dance to all pupils who enrol in the school or join in the classes or activities.
2. The premises and equipment will be checked regularly for any defects of faults that exist or may nave developed which might present hazards to any attending the premises.
3. The premises will be cleaned regularly to prevent any hazard to the health from accumulated dirt or rubbish.
4. All instruction will be geared to the previous experience and abilities of the pupil(s) and no person will be required to perform movements beyond their intrinsic capabilities. Staff will be sensitive to all pupils’ religious beliefs and culture.
5. No energetic instruction will be given without pupils undergoing a “warm-up” session, and after an energetic session completion a “warm-down” session.
6. If smoking is permitted it will be restricted to areas where ventilation is adequate and to which young children will not be admitted.
7. A day book will be kept to allow records to be kept of any incident in the school, injuries of any nature to staff or pupils and the dates when fire extinguishers, fire alarms and so on have been serviced.
8. No very young pupil will be allowed to leave the school premises until collected by a parent; guardian or other adult authorised to do so by a parent or guardian. A member of staff will remain on the premises until all pupils have left.
9. No pupil under age 16 will be drive home by a member of staff in his/her car without permission of a parent or guardian or in the event of an emergency.
10. Normally no member of staff will be alone with a young pupil for any substantial period of time without the consent of a parent or guardian or any other authorised person.
11. If appropriate, changing facilities will be provided. Where possible parents should supervise their own children in the changing area otherwise supervision will not be by a single adult.
12. No child may be photographed or videoed without consent from a parent or guardian or any other authorised person.
13. No staff will knowingly be employed who have a criminal record for child molestation. Where appropriate suitable check will be made with the Protection of Children Act list and the DfEE List 99 and if the applicant is recorded on either s/he will not be employed in a position that involves dealing with children or vulnerable adults.Only suitably qualified person will be employed in a teaching capacity while any student engaged to assist with teaching will only work under the supervision of a qualified member of staff.
14. In the event of activities outside the school premises the instructors will regard themselves as being in “loco parentis” and, so far as applicable and within their control, apply the preceding and subsequent guidelines as if the event was in their own studio.
15. Teachers will avoid any unnecessary physical contact with pupils. However parents should understand that some aspects of teaching involve some contact. Where it is necessary teachers will use the utmost discretion and, in any event, not do so without another adult in the room.
16. The school principals will ensure that s/he and the members of staff are properly covered against incidents involving public liability and professional negligence insurance.
17. The school principals undertake not to involve in misleading or false advertising.
18. No form of discrimination, by religion, by colour, the child’s background and so on will be tolerated in the school.
19. At all times, all staff will endeavour to keep the highest standards of instruction and behaviour. The school principals retain the right to discharge from the school any pupil who persistently disrupts the tuition, uses offensive language or other anti-social behaviour.
1. All classes are payable per term in advance. Only in exceptional circumstances by prior agreement are weekly fees permitted.
2. As our costs are fixed, fees remain payable in cases of absence/lateness. There are no reductions for sickness or holidays.
3. Planned absences should be advised in advance.
4. A 5% discount on fees is offered to families whose siblings attend.
5. Fees are non-refundable.
6. Children should arrive promptly, correctly dressed and attend classes regularly.
7. Children under 8 years old are not allowed to leave the studio unless accompanied by an adult.
8. Please inform your teacher of any injuries before class.
9. Physical contact maybe necessary when helping to demonstrate or correct.
10. It is important to drink fluids at regular intervals during physical exercise, please pack water or a suitable drink (not fizzy) for your child.
11. During class, children are expected to listen and we discourage unnecessary talking. If a child is causing disruption, they will be asked to leave their lesson.
12. J & C Dance reserves the right to change fees or timetable without prior notice. However, we will endeavour to inform parents and carers of any changes as soon as possible.
13. Only once the required standard is attained will students be put forward for examinations.
14. Siblings are not allowed to wait during classes as our insurance only covers the children participating in the class.
15. Mobile ‘phones should be on silent or off during class. In case of emergency the school mobile will always be contactable.
16. Parents are discouraged from watching classes every week; however at the end of term a class will be allocated for parents to see.
17. Please note the school has no control or input on local requirements or restrictions placed upon the hall(s).Nor does it have any control upon other users of the hall(s) but asks that other users be paid the same respect that parents/children would themselves expect.
18. Many of the hall(s) are in residential areas and request that parents respect any parking restrictions and be courteous in their parking.